Kingston Junk Shop Building Sold for $1.1m

Even before I became a real estate agent, I was always interested in knowing "what's going on?" in my neighborhood or in the community at large. So I figured I'd let you in on my latest discovery so far. My associate and I were chasing down a lead of an owner of a building on Kingston avenue, a mixed use development with a few residential units on top and a storefront. You can't really see the storefront because the painted red steel security gate is always pulled down. What you do see is the crew in front selling everything from bicycle tires to toilet seats.  If you've walked down the northern end of Kingston, you know which building I'm talking about.  They are always really nice and say hello as you pass by and are known to give you a deal if you turn up a smile. Well it turns out the owner sold this spot, 104 Kingston Avenue, to a Chinese developer sight unseen for $1.1 million dollars, according to my source.  That's how hot our community is right now. Word is, the Asian market believes our community is worth investing in. We could have told them that a long time ago.  I'm curious to see what they will do with the space. Hopefully, a coffee shop. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I must commend you for keeping tabs on what is happening in your neighborhood. I agree with you, that place is a hot cake. This means that the place has a lot of business potential and thus any investors interested should be welcomed. The growth and development awaiting this neighborhood is worth watching!

    ReplyDelete